- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. extra light virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white beans – or one 15 oz. can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and rinsed
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 4 minced leaves fresh basil
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
2. Add sauteed garlic to 4 cups of chicken broth.
3. Add white beans to chicken broth and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Option: for creamy soup use hand blender and puree beans into broth.
4. Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
5. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can make the soup slimmer by using Italian turkey sausage. You can decrease the sodium by using dried and cooked beans instead of canned and rinsed.
Number of Servings: 8