- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 4-5 Roma or beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs (such as Ritz, about 12 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the pie shell with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights and bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove parchment and beans or pie weights and set crust on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- Arrange tomatoes on a double layer of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to rest 10 minutes, then pat dry with another double layer of paper towels.
- Layer tomatoes and basil in the pie shell, reserving some slices of tomato for the top of the pie.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, garlic, cheeses, and black pepper. Spread mixture over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with cracker crumbs and top with reserved tomato slices.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!