- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, celery, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha.
- Working one at a time, place shrimp mixture in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the wrapper is reached. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrapper with water, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture.*
- Working in batches, add egg rolls to the Dutch oven and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.
*TO FREEZE: Place egg rolls in a single layer onto a baking sheet; freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Transfer to a Ziploc bag; freeze up to 3 months. To bake from frozen, increase baking time by 5-10 minutes.
*TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Place egg rolls onto the prepared baking and coat with nonstick spray. Place into oven and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.