- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together ground beef, rice, beaten egg, 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce, onion, basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (will make about 20). Place meatballs into a large skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the meatballs. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Gently turn meatballs over and continue to simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through, 15-20 more minutes. Enjoy!