- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 eggs
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 thick slices of white bread, cubed
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and white sugar until fully combined and airy.
- Beat eggs into the sugar mixture one at a time.
- Add the cubed bread and pineapple to the bowl and stir until saturated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Bake until the top begins to brown, about 50-55 minutes.