coleslaw pasta salad
- 1 box (16 oz) ditalini pasta
- 1 bag (14-16 oz) coleslaw mix
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded, & chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped small
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts drained & chopped small
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
*Don’t forget to add salt to the cooking water. I add about 2 teaspoons.
Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper, water chestnuts, and eggs. Mix together.
In separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients and stir with a whisk. Pour over the pasta salad and stir well to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.
The is recipe has been updated (June 2020) with new helpful text and new pictures. The recipe is the same as it always has been.
Plan ahead! This salad needs at least 4 hours of fridge time before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge. Surprisingly, the salad stays well in the fridge for a couple of days. And it even still retains the slight crunch too!
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg