coleslaw pasta salad
- 1 box (16 oz) ditalini pasta
- 1 bag (14-16 oz) coleslaw mix
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded, & chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped small
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts drained & chopped small
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
*Don’t forget to add salt to the cooking water. I add about 2 teaspoons.
Transfer pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper, water chestnuts, and eggs. Mix together.
In separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients and stir with a whisk. Pour over the pasta salad and stir well to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.
Plan ahead! This salad needs at least 4 hours of fridge time before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge. Surprisingly, the salad stays well in the fridge for a couple of days. And it even still retains the slight crunch too!