Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Peppers are a low carb dream come true! All the flavor of our favorite Italian dinner without all the guilt!
I was 18 years old when I got married. Which actually worked out great for us and we have no regrets.
I just think it’s worth mentioning, because at 18 I had no interest in cooking. My husband and I ate an awful lot of Hamburger Helper, frozen pizza, and canned ravioli for dinner.
Honestly, I’d never even heard of chicken Parmesan the first time my husband requested it for dinner. Did it come in a can? Because if not, he was probably in for some disappointment.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken, marinara, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. Place peppers in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly between the peppers and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Add two tablespoons of water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until peppers have softened to your liking.
- Serve immediately.