OLIVE, BACON AND CHEESE BREAD
Quick Bread With Cheese And Olives– Delicious quick bread with cheese for any occasion.
Beautiful ingredients like olives, bacon, bell peppers, cheddar cheese and white wine come together into a great recipe that can be served as appetizer or an accompaniment for a lovely meal.
I don’t know about you, but I love bread, in any form or shape. It makes me feel safe and satisfied.
Easy to do! This delicious bread would make a good party appetizer too — you could even make this in mini muffin pans. Of course, you a free to explore all of the many ways to serve this forbidden delight. Anyway, just make it and grab a slice for a quick lunch on the go!
I should eat less, I know, and I try. However, there is nothing better than a warm slice of freshly baked bread with butter, or chunks of bread dipped in good soup or a stew .
Let’s get to the recipe.
5 fl oz (15cl) of white wine
3 1/3 fl oz (10cl) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cup (250g) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder (about 5g)
5 ounces (150g) grated swiss cheese or cheddar
1 large onion
3 1/2 ounces (100g) bacon
7 ounces (200g) city ham, already cooked — sold as “ready to serve”.
Still on the bone, it’s better! If you don’t want to bring back the whole ham at home, ask your butcher to slice it off for you.
3 1/2 ounces (100g) black olives
3 1/2 ounces (100g) green olives
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs and salt.
2. Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
3. Chop the onion finely and melt in a skillet with a bit of olive oil (or butter).
4. Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough. Olive, Bacon Cheese Bread
5. Slice the olives and parsley and cut the ham.
6. Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix.
7. Pour into a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 inches.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F (180°C).