- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon whiskey extract or 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lightly toast pecans in a dry pan until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Add butter and toasted pecans, maple extract, and bourbon extract to the saucepan and stir frequently until butter is melted and mixture has thickened.
- Cool mixture slightly, about 5 minutes, before scooping out a heaping tablespoon of the praline mixture. Drop a spoonful of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Leave space between each as candy will spread slightly as it cools.
- Cool completely before serving.