- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- White rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, broth, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic and ginger to pan. Let cook until fragrant, just 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce into pan and stir. Let simmer and thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir to coat ground beef with sauce. Add green onions and cook briefly to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over white rice with steamed vegetables, if desired. Enjoy!