Make the “impossible” possible with my Cheeseburger Pie with Bisquick recipe! You’ll be setting the table for a beautiful, beefy pie molded into a perfect pie crust without having to touch a rolling pin! Impossible Cheeseburger Pie with Bisquick makes dinner on one of those impossibly busy weeknights doable on a tasty scale. While “impossible pie” to me means one that materializes in thin air right when the hunger bug strikes, this recipe is pretty darn close to being just that easy.
WHAT IS CHEESEBURGER PIE?
A savory, beefy cheesy masterpiece that produces a tender crust, without all the temperamental mixing and measuring you need to do for traditional pastry, can be yours with just a few kitchen staples, a happy thought or two, and a sprinkling of a pixie, I mean, Bisquick dust. Bisquick, that ubiquitous baking mix that makes biscuits and Saturday morning pancakes a snap, introduced the “impossible pie” on the back of its boxes sometime in the 1970s. The premise was making an “impossibly easy” dessert where the Bisquick settled to the bottom during the baking process and built its own crust without any need to fuss and fight with an actual pate brisee (French makes “pie crust” sound better, non?). To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
This is my delicious and easy to make Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie recipe.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- a dash or worcester sauce
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I used 3/4 cheddar and 1/4 mozzarella)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Original Bisquick mix
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray
- Cook beef and chopped onion in a skillet over medium about 10 minutes or until beef is brown. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in salt, garlic powder and worcester sauce and then spread in pie plate
- Next, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beef
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and Bisquick. Make sure you try to get as many lumps out as you can. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes
- cheeseburger pie Serves 4-5 people
- Source : allrecipes.com