For the meatballs:
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls (you’ll make roughly 40 balls) and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- Serve immediately over brown rice and top with green onions and a few sesame seeds. Enjoy!