- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mustard sauce:
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- a small handful of fresh thyme to garnish
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or to taste
Step 1: After combining all the spices, thoroughly rub the chicken with it on all sides.
Step 2: Place the mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until blended.
Step 3: Add the oil to a preheated non-stick pan. Sear the chicken over medium heat on both sides for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 4: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 375 degrees F.
Step 5: To an oven-safe dish, transfer the chicken and pour the mustard sauce on top. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 to 25 minutes or until completely cooked. Keep in mind that the cooking time varies depending on the size of the chicken breasts. The chicken is done once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.