- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cups broccoli florets, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 3 packages instant ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Green onion, minced
- Sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients: the cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth, sesame oil, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, Sriracha, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion and cook until soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, then stir in ginger and garlic. Stir briefly, 15 seconds, then push to the side of the skillet.
- Increase heat to high, then add ground beef to pan. Let sit undisturbed for 30 seconds, then use a wooden spoon or spatula to break apart meat and cook until no longer pink.
- While beef cooks, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook 1 1/2 minutes less than package directions indicate. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-high, then add in bell pepper, broccoli, and carrots. Let cook until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir sauce one more time, then add to skillet along with ramen noodles. Cook and toss everything together with tongs until sauce has thickened and coated everything, 2-4 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle green onion and sesame seeds over. Enjoy!