Funnel cakes are one of my favorite summer time treats. While we typically enjoy this delicious dessert at our county fair you can easily make these funnel cake bites . These funnel cake bites are a delicious twist from our regular funnel cake recipe. For this recipe we use the same batter but in more bite sized and kid friendly puffs.
How to make
2 cups of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of sugar
6 table spoons of butter- Melted
1. In a medium size bowl mix your milk, egg, vanilla, and butter together.
2. Then add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar.
3. Slowly fold in flour until batter becomes smooth.
4. Pour your batter mixture into a gallon size Ziplock baggy and set aside for a few minutes.
5. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan until your oil is about a half inch deep.
6. Turn burner on high heat for about two minutes and then turn down to medium heat.
7. Check your oil by dropping a small drop of batter into oi. If it begins to show bubbles around the edges then it is ready. If not than turn it up a bit again until it is good and hot.
8. Take scissors and cut a small hole into the bottom corner of the baggie. Slowly drizzle batter into 1 to 2 circles and cook until golden brown on the bottom half.
9. Gently flip them over with a slotted metal spatula and cook again until the bottom half is golden brown.
10. Place on paper towels to soak up most of the grease and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve with whip cream or fruit to top them off with.
Recipe Source : Domestic Mommy Hood