- 4 c. Cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- ⅓ c. Soy sauce
- 1 c. Frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 1 c. Pineapple chunks
- 6 Thin slices prosciutto cut into bite-sized pieces
- Green onion chopped
- Place ⅓ cup of soy sauce into a small mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Place 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar into the mixing bowl. Whisk the sauce to combine the ingredients, and set it aside for later use.
- Place 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add 1 chopped onion to the skillet and cook for several minutes until the onions are brown and have softened.
- Add in 2 cloves of garlic and 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables that have been defrosted. Cook 1-2 minutes stirring often.
- Mix 6 thin slices of prosciutto that have been chopped into bite-sized pieces into the skillet.
- Move the vegetable mix off to one side of the skillet, and pour in two beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs well, and then mix them into the vegetable mixture evenly.
- Add 4 cups of cooked white rice into the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Pour the previously made sauce over the rice mixture in the skillet, and cook for 1 minute longer while stirring to incorporate the sauce.
- Toss 1 cup of pineapple chunks into the fried rice mixture, and stir to combine while removing the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the Hawaiian style fried rice topped with freshly chopped green onions.
Leave a Reply