- 2/3 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or 1/8 tsp of lemon extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
- 1 1/4 cup fresh or thawed blueberries, divided
- In a large mixing bowl combine, 2 egg whites and using a hand mixer, beat until nice and foamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients ( except blueberries). Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold in egg whites. Then fold in 3/4 cup blueberries.
- Spray a non stick skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat skillet on medium high.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto prepared skillet, making 4 inch pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on medium high until little bubbles start to form at the top of the pancakes. About 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make blueberry compote: spray a small skillet with non stick cooking spray, add 2 Tbsp of sugar free MRS. BUTTERWORTH’S SYRUP and 1/2 cup fresh or thawed blueberries. Cook on medium high and continue stiring until blueberries and syrup thicken. Remove from heat and pour compote over the tops of pancakes.
SERVINGS: MAKES 9 PANCAKES / 2 FREESTYLE SMART POINTS FOR 3 PANCAKES
- I recommend using a canola oil base non stick cooking spray. I have noticed that the pancakes will stick sometimes to cooking oils such as coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- In order to calculate the freestyle smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the ww recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
- The key to making these pancakes nice and fluffy is beating 2 eggs whites together. Did you know that egg white when beaten really well-create a foam like texture? That is what makes these pancakes thick and fluffy. Therefore this is a critical step to ensure the pancakes turn out thick and fluffy.
- You can substitute the lemon juice/extract and blueberries for your favorite extract and/or fruit.