- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup dry long-grain white rice
- (4-8) ounces canned tomato sauce Use at least 4 or up to 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Caldo de Tomate tomato bouillon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 cloves
Heat oil in a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat. Add rice. Cook rice, stirring constantly, for several minutes, until rice begins to turn a golden color.
Reduce heat to low to avoid spattering. Gently pour in warm water, then tomato sauce and stir. Stir in chili powder, Caldo de Tomate and minced garlic. Turn heat back up to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed.
Turn off heat, fluff rice then let sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.