Easy and moist
You could eat this bundt cake without any icing, it is just so incredibly flavorful and moist but I think the slightly tart icing gives the sweet cake a nice pop of flavor. I just love making desserts like this during these cold days of winter. This 7-Up cake is so sunshine-y and the flavors remind you of a tall glass of cold lemonade. Recipe and image courtesy of Lisa.M at My Incredible Recipes.
From Scratch Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 lb butter, softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice (real or squeeze kind is fine) or extract if you want a deeper lemon flavor
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemonlime beverage, any brand
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cup of carbonated lemon lime soda of your choice/any brand
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
From Scratch Directions:
- 1. Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add in your eggs1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
- 3. Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
- 4. Fold in your lemonlime soda of choice.
- 5. Pour into wellgreased 12cup Bundt pan
- 6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
- 7. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
- 8. ENJOY!
Directions using Box Cake Mix
- 9. Preheat your oven to 325F
- 10. Grease your bundt pan
- 11. In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding ans the soda and mixwell
- 12. pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
- 13. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
- 14. allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
- 15. top with Glaze16. ENJOY!
- Make Lemon Glaze
- 17. Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
- 18. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan..