Whenever I make any type of bundt cake, I always think of the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I just love that movie. “What do you mean he don’t eat meat?” “Oh, that’s okay, I make lamb.” There is a scene where Ian’s Mom brings Toula’s family a bundt cake. Toula’s family has never heard of a bundt cake before. “There’s a hole in this cake.” For the life of her, Toula’s Mom cannot figure out how to say it properly. “Boont? Bonk?” She finally decides just to put flowers in the middle where the hole is and leave it at that. So needless to say, ever since I’ve seen that movie, I can’t help but giggle when I pull out the bundt pan to make this 7Up Cake
Easy and moist
You could eat this bundt cake without any icing, it is just so incredibly flavorful and moist but I think the slightly tart icing gives the sweet cake a nice pop of flavor. I just love making desserts like this during these cold days of winter. This 7-Up cake is so sunshine-y and the flavors remind you of a tall glass of cold lemonade. Recipe and image courtesy of Lisa.M at My Incredible Recipes.
From Scratch Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 lb butter, softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice (real or squeeze kind is fine) or extract if you want a deeper lemon flavor
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemonlime beverage, any brand
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cup of carbonated lemon lime soda of your choice/any brand
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
From Scratch Directions:
- 1. Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add in your eggs1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
- 3. Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
- 4. Fold in your lemonlime soda of choice.
- 5. Pour into wellgreased 12cup Bundt pan
- 6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
- 7. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
- 8. ENJOY!
Directions using Box Cake Mix
- 9. Preheat your oven to 325F
- 10. Grease your bundt pan
- 11. In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding ans the soda and mixwell
- 12. pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
- 13. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
- 14. allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
- 15. top with Glaze16. ENJOY!
- Make Lemon Glaze
- 17. Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
- 18. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan..