- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- In a large pot over high heat bring potatoes, 1 tablespoon salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes simmer, microwave vinegar and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves, about 30 seconds. Process vinegar mixture, mustard, 1 hard-cooked egg yolk (reserve white), celery seed, and ½ teaspoon salt in food processor until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons for drizzling; set aside.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, then transfer to large bowl. Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons of dressing over hot potatoes and, using rubber spatula, gently toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate until cooled, at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream into remaining dressing. Add remaining hard-cooked eggs and egg white to dressing and, using potato masher, mash until only small pieces remain. Add dressing and celery to cooled potatoes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 -minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
You can substitute an equal amount of celery salt for the celery seed. If you do, omit the salt from the dressing.
For best flavor, make 12 to 24 hours before you plan on serving.