- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 8 ounces ditalini, small penne, or elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar, or fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (OPTIONAL)
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding a generous tablespoon or so of kosher salt to the water as it cooks. Drain in a colander and rinse until the pasta is cool. As the pasta is cooking, peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
Chop the egg whites and set aside. Crush the yolks into a fine powder or use a wooden spoon to press them through a fine metal strainer into a large mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper to the bowl with the egg yolks. Whisk to combine.
Add the cool pasta to the dressing in the bowl and stir to coat the pasta. Add the red onion, green onions, and egg whites. Stir to combine. Garnish with additional green onions and paprika, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!