- 1 lb baby bella or cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Remove stems and set aside for later use. Arrange mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- Finely chop the reserved mushroom stems.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute more. Stir in cream cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Once cheese has melted and mixture is smooth, remove from heat and stir in most of the parsley, reserving some to use for serving.
- Let filling cool slightly, then spoon into a ziptop or piping bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe filling into each mushroom cap.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Top with remaining fresh parsley, if desired, and serve. Enjoy!