- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I used 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 2 1/4 cake cake, or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
I add coconut milk to the batter, as it’s a pretty thick batter, and it adds some extra coconut flavor.
I like the dense texture of this cake together with the creaminess of the cream cheese frosting, and the crunchiness of the toasted coconut.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE DENSE CAKES, THIS IS NOT THE CAKE FOR YOU.!!
FROSTING – I DOUBLE THIS
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, vanilla and then mix in flour. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack
Frosting: Beat together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar. Mix until well blended.
You can now toast coconut. I toast mine in a lighty sprayed skillet and keep tossing until golden. You can also place coconut on a baking sheet and toast in oven, turning frequently so not to burn.
Cut cooled cake into 24 squares and top with frosting and coconut. Note: Best kept refrigerated. Enjoy!