THIS STOVE TOP VERSION OF CLASSIC AMERICAN BEEF GOULASH MAKES AN EASY ONE-POT MEAL FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.
- 2 lbs uncooked 95% lean ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- Place the ground beef in a large dutch oven and bring over medium heat. Cook, breaking up with a spoon or spatula, until the meat is browned and in small pieces. Drain the grease from the pan. Add the onions and garlic and stir together. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, seasoned salt, paprika and black pepper and stir together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and stir until well combined. Re-cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the macaroni is cooked through. Remove from heat, stir and remove the bay leaves. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
yield: 8 (SCANT 2 CUPS) SERVINGS
8 SP per (scant 2 cups) serving
10 PP per (scant 2 cups) serving
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER (SCANT 2 CUPS) SERVING:
379 calories, 49 g carbs, 10 g sugars, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 33 g protein, 5 g fiber (from
Leave a Reply