- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
FOR ROLLING AND FILLING:
- Egg whites
- Granulated sugar
- Finely chopped nuts
- Cherry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cream shortening, then add pudding mix and egg and beat until light.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture along with oatmeal.
- Shape into small balls. Dip in egg white, roll in sugar, and then nuts.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, then punch a hole through center, and fill with preserves.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.