HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK BISCUITS WITH HONEY BUTTER!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or use a baking liner.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Add cubes of cold butter. Using your hands or a pastry cutter mix just until it becomes a loose crumble.
- Add in the buttermilk and mix until it becomes a sticky ball.
- Place the dough ball on a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Fold it over and roll it out again. Repeat 4 more times.
- Roll out the dough again about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet, making sure they touch. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- In a small bowl add softened butter and honey and mix until combined.
- Removes biscuits from oven serve warm with honey butter.
2 cups selfrising flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt (i didnt use any)
3/4 stick frozen butter
2 tbsp butter +1 tbsp honey melted and mixed together .
Mix flour ,grated butter together with your fingers until crunmbly like cornmeal then add cold butter milk mix until combined .
Then turn out on a clean counter fold atleast 5 times then cut out with a 2.5 inch cookie cutter.
Place in a greased bakinging pan bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes.
After baking brush honey butter ontop of biscuits serve warm.