- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 oz small mushrooms such as crimini or button, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut steak into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Swirl to coat pan and add a third of the meat.
- Cook for 1 minute, then flip steak. Cook 1 minute more. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining steak in two batches. Tent cooked steak lightly with foil.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and add mushrooms. Season with a bit of salt and let mushrooms cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add mushrooms and any buttery drippings to steak and stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!