- 500graw peeled large shrimp,(King Prawns), tails removed
- 2clovesof garlic,minced
- 1teaspoonground basil
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- 1teaspoonsea salt
- 1teaspoonfresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 -1 teaspooncayenne pepper,(add more to suit your tastes)
- 2teaspoonssweet paprika,(or smokey for a different flavour option)
- 2bunches of Asparagus,halved
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 4cupsCos lettuce leaves,(or lettuce of choice), washed and ready to use
- 1/4red onion,sliced
- 1handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/3cupgreek yogurt
- 1teaspoonlemon pepper
- 1teaspoonlemon juice,(optional for extra flavour)
- 2tablespoonswater,(or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
In a shallow bowl, combine shrimp (prawns) with all of the spice ingredients, and rub into the shrimp until evenly coated. Heat a large pan/skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Saute the shrimp/prawns and the Asparagus while turning occasionally until the shrimp/prawns and asparagus have started to change colour and are just cooked (about 5 minutes).
Combine the lettuce leaves, avocado, onion slices and basil leaves in a salad bowl. Add the shrimp/prawns and avocado over the top. Drizzle with the dressing.
For the dressing:
Combine the yogurt in a bowl with the lemon pepper, lemon juice (if using), water and salt. Mix well to combine.