- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
- 6 Bell peppers
- 2 ½ C. Diced tomatoes divided
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 C. Beef broth
- 2 C. Cooked rice
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ C. Chopped parsley
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top off of each pepper, discard the stem, and remove the seeds and spine from the inside of each pepper.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, combine 2 cups of the diced tomatoes, 1 cup of beef broth and the chopped onion. Stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, parmesan cheese, parsley, ½ cup diced tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each pepper with a heaping portion of the meat filling and place the tops back on them.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and then a tight layer of aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour, remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes.