My husband and oldest son LOVE peaches. Peach pie, peach cobbler, peach shortcake, or just a big juicy peach in their hands. So when my friend Beth shared this recipe for peach bars, I knew I had to try them! They were delicious AND pretty, and my peach-lovers each gave them two thumbs up! The recipe calls for canned peaches, which means you can make these tasty treats even when peaches are out of season. If you do have fresh peaches available, they would be even better! I would recommend slicing them, sprinkling with a little sugar, and letting them sit until juicy before using in the bars. Made with a cake mix and canned peaches, I created this original recipe out of what I happened to have on hand back in 2010. To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 pkgdry cake mix-white, yellow or french vanilla
- 1/3 cbutter, room temperature
- 2 largeeggs, divided
- 29 ozcan light peach slices, drained
- 8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 csugar
- 1 tsppure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE PEACHY KEEN BARS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly. Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut peach slices into 1” pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy. Spread over top of peaches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving;
- Serves 12. Store leftovers in refrigerator.